Sunday 20 May 2007

Tension?

1)Conflict and Forgiveness



So tonight we watched that Nooma classic 'Breathe' and I thought - Oh I loved this when I saw it before, God really spoke to me - the whole 'God is in' thought stream came from that.I was looking forward to it.



But this time I was challenged about the people in my church who I just really don't see eye to eye with.God is in them ,but they will always misunderstand me and I will always misunderstand them because we are now so far away from each other that unless one of us makes the effort, we will never be in a position to ask what each other meant by what we said and did - or didn't apparently do.



I think God really wants me to make that move and because God is God, I really believe He is preparing those 'Others' , but I'm still dead scared. I'm scared that this is part of God's plan and unless it happens, He won't be able to fully bless our church because some of us just aren't ready.



2) Performance and Maintainance



We had to get our PC fixed and lately, as I have logged on, a screen called Performance and Mainaintance comes up and because I don't understand I just click 'close' and get on with what I want to do. I want to perform without being bothered with the maintainance. Sometimes I don't get the time to do the proper spiritual maintainance. I run a diagnostic which I don't really need to think about - it just happens. It's a cause of tension.( sorry to all the peeps who understand computers and theology, this analogy is probably irritating and over simplified)



3)Gardening and Weeding.



I was kidding myself yesterday when I told a friend that I was Gardening. I wasn't, I was weeding and tearing up and throwing away. I went to Homebase to buy some shears so I could really get to work and saw all these pretty kneeling pads and little forks and trowels and secatuers. Tools for people who's garden just needs tweaking and dead- heading.



We had to go to the tip - we did industrial over turning yesterday. Gardening is for wimps !