Friday 25 May 2007

Just a quick one.

I had a response from Mars, as I'm guessing many of you might have who sent them the mail below, or a variation of it, and they directed me to a few websites that indicate Mars is active in WORKING TOWARDS bettering the opportunities of the cocoa farmers, helping sustain the enviroment and monitor the treatment of the people and children that work on the plantations.

www.cocoainitiative.org

www.treecrops.org

www.cocoasustainability.mars.com

They have been involved in this for nearly 10 years now, but it still happens.

It will be ok in the end and if it's not OK then it's not the end ( Unknown)

So because it's not OK , I didn't buy chocolate in the garage yesterday evening, because I couldn't be sure that I wasn't going to inadvertently undermine 'Stop The Traffik'.

It's not OK, so I'm going to really try much harder than I have up to this point.

Here's The Good Chocolate Guide for those of us that need to get up to speed with this.
http://www.stopthetraffik.org/chocolateDownloads/chocolate_guide.pdf

No comments: