Saturday, 27 September 2008
Tuesday, 23 September 2008
- Argued with a family member over socks this morning - wouldn't wear them because they had holes in them - IT WAS THE PATTERN! What she really meant was that they were too small, but somehow couldn't say that, so I thought she was just being fussy.
- Meeting in the office this morning - got out of it early which was a result and down to the graciousness of Mrs Boss.
- Tied up a few loose ends - actually it sounds quite idylic up to this point doesn't it?
- Remember to put my potato in the oven for lunch
- Prepared for a meeting I was having after lunch
- Sat down to eat lunch
- Got a call from School - Thomas had been sick, and school is 30 - 45 mins away from work.
- Phoned parents for assistance - no answer
- Panicked - what to do about meeting?
- Person I was meeting with arrived, went to meet them in the car park - had a chat in the car, will rearrange etc. They were very understanding.
- Got to school and picked Thomas up,he proceeded to fill me in on how many bowlfuls etc
- Got home and Thomas actually went upstairs to lie down. I was worried at that point - Oh he's actually really poorly.
- 20 mins later he came down, hungry!
Oh, that's easy - guilt, responsibility, guilt, resentment, guilt and so on.
However, taking Elyse to Choir later on I just was filled up and started laughing. Elyse wanted to know why, so I tried to explain how I felt - God doesn't just love us, he IS love and I love him!
Her response - Mummy, I God you!
Friday, 19 September 2008
I was the best bottom second trombone player in the world - had to retire to give others a chance!
It was love at first sight for me when I met Keith - he took more pursuading!
My maternal grandma and my great auntie were twins, I have twins and my brother has twins.
When Keith and I were first married, we lived in a little flat in Barking.
I really wanted to be a PE teacher. ( see next fact)
I am a Homebird and the thought of going to Uni freaked me out, so I went to work for LLoyds Bank and spent a year doing Banking exams - Totally random. Passed Law and Economics, failed BANKING and ACCOUNTANCY!
For the first 18 years of my life, we went to Felixstowe for our Summer Holidays - Beach Hut, then moving up the Caravan. ( My 18th year we went to the South of France - SO cool!)
And finally - today I am going to have lunch at IHQ! ( Salvation Army International Headquarters)
People who should follow suit - Jenny Fox, Claire Tomkinson, Ann Borrett,Andy Hill, and Sarah Joy.
Friday, 12 September 2008
Words you can add - isation to :
Container - apparently soon the whole world will be containerised, which is what prompted this ranty response.
Forest...ok that's actually Forestation, but you mark my words, soon we'll be Forestised, once a global prgoramme of tree planting swings into action.
There's possibly more and that can be your Friday challenge, but the one that I can't quite get my head round is..... COLON!
I'm off to Clacton now for some Clactonisation - you all have a great day!
Saturday, 6 September 2008
( Bad News - a couple of my friends have had a pretty tough week, one thing and another and I caught up with some more bad news yesterday - thinking about you guys X)
- ► 2009 (17)
- ▼ September (5)
- ► 2007 (79)