Tuesday 23 September 2008

I Love God!


Today, I was overwhelmed with Love for God. Nothing prompted it - that I was aware of - but I suddenly felt really full up with Good and Happy Feelings and didn't even think about attributing it to anything else but God.
I haven't had a particularly easy or reflective sort of day, if anything, it was relatively tough.
  • Argued with a family member over socks this morning - wouldn't wear them because they had holes in them - IT WAS THE PATTERN! What she really meant was that they were too small, but somehow couldn't say that, so I thought she was just being fussy.
  • Meeting in the office this morning - got out of it early which was a result and down to the graciousness of Mrs Boss.
  • Tied up a few loose ends - actually it sounds quite idylic up to this point doesn't it?
  • Remember to put my potato in the oven for lunch
  • Prepared for a meeting I was having after lunch
  • Sat down to eat lunch
  • Got a call from School - Thomas had been sick, and school is 30 - 45 mins away from work.
  • Phoned parents for assistance - no answer
  • Panicked - what to do about meeting?
  • Person I was meeting with arrived, went to meet them in the car park - had a chat in the car, will rearrange etc. They were very understanding.
  • Got to school and picked Thomas up,he proceeded to fill me in on how many bowlfuls etc
  • Got home and Thomas actually went upstairs to lie down. I was worried at that point - Oh he's actually really poorly.
  • 20 mins later he came down, hungry!
  • etc.

Tough, why?

Oh, that's easy - guilt, responsibility, guilt, resentment, guilt and so on.

However, taking Elyse to Choir later on I just was filled up and started laughing. Elyse wanted to know why, so I tried to explain how I felt - God doesn't just love us, he IS love and I love him!

Her response - Mummy, I God you!

No comments: