Tuesday 15 May 2007

I'm back!!

Oh man, so much catching up to do, so much to tell!

For example - I got a new phone for £25 and NO it wasn't out of the boot of Matt White's car!Apparently he made a small fortune selling Roots OTHERS sponge hands that way - all proceeds to Roots of course, NOT his birthday fund.

Also, I had a photo taken doing 57mph in a 40mph zone, so am officially a CRIM!

I have read 'Darkest England and the Way Back In' and nearly finished 'Others', and checked out 'Others Inc' too.

We had a small fire in our kitchen - all the training went to pot and I found myself flapping about saying/shouting 'It's a real FIRE' which was helpful for those people in the house who thought it might have been a pretend one.

Got the car serviced at last.

Got Thomas to finish his book report.

Getting head down this week for the Parent and Toddler Training Day on Thursday - we've got 40 people coming - I'm very chuffed!

Got the PC fixed - I think. Can't get on INcredimal to pick up emails, so if you have mailed me, sorry that I haven't replied. Fact is, I couldn't/still can't.

Roots - honestly I couldn't begin to comment effectively.God was/ IS Good. It was great to feel part of something huge. I didn't feel it was just about ME which was very reassuring and having skimmed all my blog buddies mails, what I find exciting is that we all seemed to get a significant something that when put together could....'be the start, of something new...lalalalalala'

Grace - big lessons in that this week. Why are some people just so awkward, even when you try to love them through stuff, have a big heart, be generous, explode with random acts of kindness?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back. We missed you.

Fiona said...

Welcome Back Liz!! I was worried that if you were away too long and unable to "blog" you might explode!

Liz said...

Yeah - I was looking for a picture to illustrate my feelings and I wanted it to be someone coming up rather dramatically for air after being under water for just too long, cos that is SO how I felt.The brick wall thing isn't quite as POW, but I think it relates more to my pre -Roots realisation, which is a much more gentle thing. Finally, the penny has dropped, but it's still spinning on it's edge, which I think is important :) ( Sarah, if you could explain this analogy, it would be SO cool )

Anonymous said...

i think what is being reffered to here is the fact that a certain realisation has occured about something (the penny has dropped), however the person is stil a little unsure or certain aspects of the "thing" are still a bit wobberly / undecided (but it's stil spinning on its edge)????

does this help?? :-)

Liz said...

I like that. It means that there's someone in our corps team that has to keep spinning the penny - every member in ministry :)

Anonymous said...

i dont get it!! was i wrong?? :-D