Wednesday 16 May 2007

For the Children that know they are loved.


You're a little ray of Heaven, you're a golden ray of light.
And I wish I could protect you from the worries of this life.
But if there's one thing I could tell you,
It's, 'No matter what you do, hold to Jesus,
He's holding on to you'.

The world will try to tell you that might is more than right,
That beauty's on the outside, and being good's a loosing fight.
But remember what I've told you, because the world will make you choose.
Hold to Jesus, he's holding on to you.

Hold on to Jesus, cling to His love,
Rest deep in His mercy, whenever things get rough.
Don't loose sight of His goodness and don't ever doubt this truth,
That when you hold on to Jesus, He's holding on to you.

Hear me dear Jesus, rock this little one to sleep.
Keep her close when she's scared and give her grace when she's weak.
I know she'll stumble, but I know she'll make it through
If you hold to her just like you said you'd do.
Hold her Jesus, so she'll hold on tight to you.

Brad O'Donnell

*********************************************************************************

I wanted to call this blog - 'For Maddy', but I couldn't.
I thought I might have called it 'For The Children' and then I thought of all the thousands that are trafficked.

There are some children that I just don't have the words to pray for. Thank God for the Holy Spirit who can translate my hopeless, helpless nothing, into what I hope, is a powerful heart cry.

2 comments: