Thursday 26 April 2007

Two in One Day.

I recieved this on an email today, one of those 'send it to everyone you know' ones, so I thought I'd cheat and blog it, but I think on re-reading it, that it's quite controversial in it's sentiment.

So tell me, what do you think?

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.
When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bringthe relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent has been answered and now it's time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Thank you for being a part of my life, whether you are here for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

Well I don't really need to comment on this blog Liz as "friendship is clairvoyant" and you know what I want to say!!!

Graeme said...

Hmmmm, not sure what I make of that! Would like to think that all of my friendships are lifetime friendships. If someone is truely a friend then, even if you lose contact for a while, you can pick it up again quite easily! Case in point, I met up with a friend last night that I haven't seen for almost 4 years - it was great, we chatted about stuff, he gave his opinion, and we caught up on what's been going since we last spoke. Personally, I wouldn't necessarily view a "reason" or "season" friendship as a proper one, but that's just my opinion and others may not agree!!

Dawn said...

Found this link on the internet and it made me giggles. It's a lot to read (though I only skim read it anyway).

http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/friendship-drivel.shtml

Apologise for any offensive language (I always think that comment makes people want to check it out!!!!)

Graeme said...

Crikey! Think the person who wrote that has some "issues"!!!!

Fiona said...

Hope you had a good evening with your friend Graeme. BUT if you met up with them more often than every 4 years, do you think you would still have as much to talk about and would it fill up an entire evening!?!?!?!


I think we would be incredibly fortunate to have many lifetime friends. But the article just gives a "nice" reason as to why some friendships go "by-the-by"!! For self-preservation reasons, it might help the author to think like this - and I probably agree. I have had many friends over the years that have only been in my life, or had influence on me for a limited period of time.

Liz said...

Dawn - Yeah I thought that the content of the email might have evoked a certain response in some people, which is why I used the word contraversial, which I think can certainly describe the posting on the link in your comment. That person has been seriously wounded by some bloke, wouldn't you say. There are certainly clues pointing to that, if you look hard enough!

Graeme said...

Fiona- yep, what you say makes sense, and I suppose if everyone we ever called friend was a "lifetime" then we'd spend all year writing out our Christmas card list!! I guess my view on it to look at it from where I am at the moment, and I look at the friendships I have and know how "disappointed" I would be if any of them turned to be "reasons" or "seasons" if that makes sense??

Unknown said...

I wonder if there is a difference between 'friendship' and freindship. As in sometimes I do think that people come into our lives 'just for a season'. Maybe to help us through some things. (Incidentally Liz, I don't think it was coincidence you blogged about this! Its just too soon after a recennt conversation I had with someone - I know that is cryptic, but just thought it was interesting and you should know that this post is particularly relevant for me at the moment).

As I was saying, yeah, sometimes people can come into our lives for a season to help us through a difficult patch or for some other reason, and they will not 'always be there' just because of circumstance. So its important to make the most of those types of 'friendship' while we have them. Other friends are not there 'for us', but with us, and they can be there for life, but the friendship I would say has a different purpose than the first type.

Sorry, that is really confusing. I give up trying to explain myself on this one.

Suffice it to say I understand where it is coming from.