Wednesday 11 April 2007

A Grand Day Out.

Can thoroughly recommend this place as a 'something for everyone' place.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/bedgebury

It's only about an hour and a 1/2 away ( from where I live ), dependant on traffic on M25 and A21, costs £6 per car to get in and the rest of the day is your own.

I was excited about going for a number of reasons:
Getting out in the fresh air
Making a day of a day
Letting the children off their leashes - we took a friend for Joe too.
Using my Sat Nav.

All went well until we got to with a sneeze of the place and James Navman decided throw a wobbly, bit like C3PO when he has his memory wiped. Suddenly he was advising us to turn left when it was obvious that we had to turn right, there was a signpost, and then he denied all knowledge of the road we were on, throwing question marks at me and figuratively shrugging his shoulders and relinquishing responsibilty.GOOD!!

We got there after taking a 'U turn at the next available moment' a couple of times and guessing which way to go, so all in all I was NOT pleased with James and didn't say thanks when I put him back in the bag.

( I know it's not real, but I like to anthropomorphise)

So he didn't take kindly to that and didn't tell me anything when we left the place - he had the right hump!

Anyway, check ou the link, - it's a cool place and the A21 is NOT a figment of my imagination - it's real :)

9 comments:

Bec said...

Well I hope you sent james navman to bed without any dinner!!!!! my brothers JaneJane had a bit of a blip at the weekend it told me I had reached my destination when I was still 5 mins away - it took me ages to find the right place.
No seriously tell me more about bedgebury I looked at the website and it looks well good, how did you hear find out about it in the first place?

Graeme said...

One day I'll tell the story of the human satnav I had when we went to Walsham with the Songsters last month, she was called RobRob - we went a bit wrong, and both minibuses ended up following us even though that was never the plan!!!

Graeme said...

It's good of Eugene to take his Ice Cream van there at the weekends. Do you think he does home visits during the week??

Liz said...

Bec, we had planned to go to a places called Goodnestone Park, also in Kent. Last year they had some secret adventure garden type places dotted around the grounds, but we didn't partake then. So I thought it would be good to go, but it seems that was SO last year and althought the place looked lovely it wouldn't have kept the kids happy for long. So I googled 'Gardens in Kent' and amongst the list was Bedgebury - so we went for it.

Unknown said...

Ha! Graeme. That was well funny. We obviously trust you implicitly!

I don't know what I would do without my satnav anymore, although once, we were going to visit Laura in Gloucester and it took us down some tiny dirt track road - which was completely unnecessary!

Fiona said...

Do you think there is someone, somewhere, on that great sat nav in the sky having a right old laugh at our expense!!!! I do hope so!!

Dawn said...

What ever happened to a map balanced on the steering wheel with a torch in the mouth of it's dark?

Liz said...

Oh yeah, been there done that too - and tried that thing where you write the directions in mirror language a stick them to the top of the dashboard to reflect in the sceen - bit dangerous though!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Never done either of those things!