Saturday 7 April 2007

Chocolate B-log II

Easter Saturday - always a funny day in my opinion. Should we still be sombre? Is it ok to clean the car today and hang out some washing?

So anyway, I did clean the car with the help of T and E and I did do some washing and I did a bit of ironing too.A riviting day don't you think?

However, this afternoon Keith and I went to the pictures to see Amazing Grace.

I'll cover the 'went' bit first. We had the chance to chat which was great and continued with our predestination thoughts, prompted oddly enough by Harry Potter. ( Goblet of Fire, there's a plan and it all goes according to it, orchestrated by a baddie, until the end when one of the characters dies - honestly, the most emotional ending to an HP so far, I even cried reading the book)

Here's the thing - yes God created us with freewill, BUT He does have a plan, and His plan will 'out' because it's His and so, Jesus HAD to die to redeem the world and so for those few day, certain people had to do certain things - the disciples had to go get the donkey, Jesus had planned certain things he would say,Judas had to tip off the authorities, Barabas had to be set free, so Jesus could go on to be crucified etc.

I was wondering if, for that few days during that most opportune of times ( lots of people, maximum impact, great transport network in place, so news could get around - thank you Richard), the key players didn't actually have a choice?

The film was really good by the way - lots of political history put into context for me( sometimes couldn't help throwing in a few Blackadder lines of our own) and great declarations of faith in the script. Lovely setting, costumes and humour alongside the harrowing theme.

Sobbed at the end because slavery is still a reality and my heart is very tender about this at the mo.

No comments: