Monday 2 June 2008

Back to School, Back to Work.

Normality returns to the Hall House as all the things that went missing last week, need to be found RIGHT NOW in order for life as we know it to continue.
1) Where is my PE Kit?
2) Have you seen my wallet?

Responses as follows:

1) In the pile of clothes at the bottom of your stairs waiting for you to put them away ( not MUCH to ask is it?)
2) NO, when did you last have it?

Turns out there was no money in it - phew - but there was the house keys, possibly more important in Joe World, his locker key.
He had looked 'everywhere', but I found it - (yeay!) and he smiled ( double yeay!)

Do you know, the thing is I can remember ranting at my mum about stuff in much the same way, being really annoyed if she moved things in my room ( How can I look under things if I'm not allowed to touch them?), but that in looking under things she would sneakily tidy up too... and now I'm turning into that very person.
As I was searching for the wallet in the untidiest room in the world, according to me, with Joe inspecting my every sleight of hand and returning items to the floor, or making them wonky again as picked up and straightened up I had to laugh, which wasn't a good thing top do in the heat of the moment, but I saw the world through his eyes, just for a mo and understood.

Woke up thinking about work after a rather alarming dream following on from Saturday Night's one where I had planned and prepared for KAO, which is good, only to find that my event was actually Summer School - which is not good. It was only a dream though....I hope!

3 comments:

my thoughts said...

wow that's dedication... dreaming about work
I seem to be treasure hunter at my house, lost items are always so hard to find and the rest of them always give up far too soon
XXX

my thoughts said...

wow that's dedication... dreaming about work
I seem to be treasure hunter at my house, lost items are always so hard to find and the rest of them always give up far too soon
XXX

Anonymous said...

Karl, when he was about 15, came downstairs when evening after tiding his room and said to me 'Mum you will be pleased to know that I have found the carpet in my room and it is a lovely shade of blue'!!