Thursday 19 June 2008

Sometimes, You Can Know Too Much.

The Final Countdown has begun and I am now less that 24 hours away from the Divisional CM Residential Event of the Summer - Kids Alive Outside: Where The Wild Things Are - based on the book of the same name that was due to be released as motion picture in October, but now isn't - D'oh!

I have fulfilled the DCO bit as far as I am able at this late stage, bar packing the car to bulging point, and having a last minute catastrophe to deal with, and am now being a punter's parent, encouraging my kids to ' pack their own bags so they know where everything is'.Oddly enough, even though I know the answer to this, worrying about who they will be sharing a tent with and who they will be in a Small Group with - maybe because I DO know the answer!

I have planned every move that will be made this weekend if it all goes perfectly,and have contingencies if it doesn't. Then there is an amazing team of super dooper people who actually volunteer to support this event, and have given up hours of time already in planning meetings, running errands and preparation ( I HOPE...nah I KNOW!)and reading all my many emails.
I have even priced whole boxes of sweets at wholesale price, so that if they don't get opened during the weekend I can sell them on Sunday afternoon when it's all over, to Kids Club leaders and folks who might be running a Summer Holiday Club - that earned me some Brownie Points with the Business Department :)

I now want to forget all that and be excited for my kids who are REALLY looking forward to it - scarey!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

And what about packing your case???!!!

Do NOT forget your pillow, or your big knickers!

Liz said...

Big knickers? What the.....!!

My case is packed too - I have pillow and a towel and have remembered to get the spare utensils out of the shed at DHQ!

Dawn said...

Oh yeah, sorry about that, they just came to me and I thought if I did't mention it and we had an issue when we got there, I would feel bad!

And big knickers....Put it this way, there's fewer water sports this year, but that doesn't mean to say there won't be water disasters...not if Ollie's got anything to do with it!!