Saturday 17 January 2009

The Things People Say.


I was in a food shop today, just getting some 'bits', which is always dangerous as I end up buying other 'bits' that we don't really need.


One of those 'bits' was a box of Mr Kiplings Mini Victoria Sponges, and as they went over the scanner, the check out person said,' Oh I really like those, they are quite nice!'


I laughed and indicated that they wouldn't last long in our house blah blah.


When I got home and began putting the shopping away, with an audience looking over my shoulder to see what goodies I had bought, there were squeals of delight as the cakes came out of the bag, and I told them what the assistant had said.


The response was, 'Well, if she really likes them, surely she would say they are really nice or very nice, not just quite nice!'


We agreed that she must have been quite confused and didn't really have a clue what she was talking about and then proceeded the eat the cakes which proved that I did know what I was talking about.

3 comments:

DelorumRex said...

great Blog!
Look here if you want a new Cell Phone or a Digital TV.

You can even get your own web site if you like.

Just wanting to get the word out... I hope you don't mind.


Feel free to stop by mine...ME!

Mr Hall said...

Well....Mr. Kipling does make exeedingly good cakes!

Mitchenstein said...

They ARE quite nice!

REALLY nice is reserved for Mars Bars, Jaffa Cakes and Curly Wurlies.