Thursday 20 March 2008

Why is Water Wet?

Elyse was chatting away and mentioned that she had read this very question in a book.
'Oh,' I said, 'and why is water wet then?'

Her response as follows:
Well, IS it wet? I mean people come of of water wet, which means the people are wet, but IS the water wet? How do we know that?

I said,'Well, it's not dry is it, I mean....,'trailing off thinking, 'Yeah how DO we know?'

I searched the CSE Chemistry area of my brain ( before G you notice, just plain old CSE) and was about to launch into the molecular structure of water, but she was off onto the next loosely related thing,'Well anyway, why does the hair on the right side of my head dry off quicker that the hair on the other side?'

My response? 'Dunno!'

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Elyse is hilarious. Her question today - "What would you say if you met Jesus right now?"

Shre frequently has me stumped.

She is such a thoughtful little being!