Wednesday 19 March 2008

Wholly Weak!

My testimony so far for Holy Week is ( quite clearly) a play on words, but completely true.
God in His awesome wisdom has revealed to me that I am weak without Him, it's as simple as that.

The thing for me with 'God Reveals' is that although I knew that already, suddenly and, in that paradoxical way that God does thing, over a period of time, I believe it
- I know it to be true.

I am really looking for Jesus this week - in the Passion on Sunday
the Chief Priest character challenges Jesus, when he talks about being sent by God but that God us also with him. 'How can your father have sent you, yet be with you too' and in the same way, why do I have to search for Jesus when I know he is already with me?

However, I found him yesterday in the most unlikely place.

I was paying a parking fine using the Havering Borough Council Automated Payment System over the phone. I had pressed all the right numbers and was just waiting for the voice to say, 'I'm sorry, this system is broken beyond repair and you will have to come in person to our scary office and pay in cash' .What it actually said was...........drumroll..............

Your debt has been paid in full.

...and in the little Prayer Room at DHQ, where I had gone in my shame to pay my parking fine, Jesus was there reassuring me that my debt was paid in full.

1 comment:

Liz said...

PS I suppose actually that it was in my shame and in the Prayer Room that I shouldn't have been surprised to find Jesus - I think my surprise was the promt that revealed Jesus was there. Automated Payment Systems with the gift of Evangelism!!! WOW :)