Wednesday 26 March 2008

Death by Keyboard

Perfidia - sounds like something you need a good strong dose of antibiotics to get rid of doesn't it? If only it were so easy.

It is in fact, a song, a popular Mexian one about love and betrayal, made famous by Glenn Miller and His Orchestra in 1941. In 1960 it was re-released ( why,oh why?) by The Ventures and reached No 4 in the UK Hit Parade.

It's quite a catchy Big Band tune to be honest, hence it's poularity I guess, but my problem is that Elyse is learning to play it on the keyboard and it's killing me!

Left and right hand working in perfect harmony....is the aim. The reality is somewhat different and yes, it is hard, that's why 'we' have to practise, but why does 'our' practise always end up and sometimes start with tears.

Accusations against me are as follows:
  • You don't understand!
  • You don't understand!
  • You're not listening to me!
  • You just shout at me!
  • You don't understand!

I do understand.You might hear her where YOU live.

I do understand, really, but it's death by keyboard and it hurts!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I did wonder what that noise was when I was travelling down the A12!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.