Friday 29 December 2006

Just a breath.

Christmas cheer temporarly halted in the Hall household.

Our ancient cat Smudge has been getting older really quickly, lately and this morning we had to take him to the vets. He isn't coming home.

Quite sad actually.

The difference between life and death - well just a breath really. It's all the stuff in between that's so cool isn't it, but that depends on what life you've got or what kind of mood you're in or even what age you are, I guess?

I hope our cat knew he was loved, because he really was.

I hope my friends and family know how much they are loved, but only I can make sure they do. Resolution for 2007 -make sure I do!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh, Liz, that's really sad. Hope the tweenies are ok with it. Big hug to you all x x

Liz said...

Hey!Well, there were a lot of questions and quite a few tears, but they could see how poorly he was - he was struggling in all areas really. The vet was very reassuring saying that we were doing the right thing ( Keith and Joe took him, but didn't stay - they phoned me to make sure that was ok)
Thing is we were out yesterday afterwards so it didn't really hit me 'til we got home, much later and we a re home today, so there may be some reminiscing going on. We had him for just over 16 years, so there will be an adjustment to make. We won't be getting another cat though - with Guinea Pig, Gerbils and a Lizard, I think we are doing our bit for Pets don't you?

Dawn said...

I think so!