Wednesday 23 January 2008

Round Up? Wound Up!

On the domestic front, we had a mad Saturday. Joe went to fooball kick about with some of the guys from church - bought half the park home with him too - lovely.

Meanwhile, Thomas was at a party in Chelmsford, so I took Elyse with me to drop him off and we then hit the shops to spend Christmas Gift vouchers but especially indulge in a brilliant little shop called Tickety Boo - all things girlie, pink and fluffy. We also had lunch together in Pizza Hut, which was really lovely, just me and my little girl, pizza and salad!

Keith was doing Dad type things - getting his hair cut, going to B and Q to 'get stuff' (snappy mouse traps actually, we celebrated too soon!), buying locusts for George the Lizard etc.

Joe then went to the pictures with a friend and then they both came back here to chill out while his parents were out with the songsters.

Dawn then came round for coffee and hugs - see her blog- and didn't go home til 1:10 am, promptly finding herself locked out by her housemate who assumed - wrongly- that she was already in bed!

...and that's just Saturday!

Sunday, I was leading worship at Harlow and 5 new kids with their mums came along , as well as 3 others who hadn't been to the SA for ages. WE had a good day, but I was gutted to not be at home, as Ann and Richard were sharing the new the new Romford SA Mission Statement with the congregation - we had spent a day together last weekend really getting to the bottom of why we do what we do and why it's so hard to do what we should be doing and aren't at the moment.

The meeting was a legend apparently, and people went forward to pray for the first time in ages - it was emotional, and very stirring.

Monday a.m. I was back in Harlow meeting up with Sarah - she was telling me about the relaunch of the kids work at Ware, Son Daze! She's so enthusiatic and spontaneous.
Monday p.m I started sneezing and by Monday evening had to go for the Lemsip Buzz to make it through House Group, which I really enjoyed in a challenging way, but had begun to feel a bit groggy.

Tuesday, I fully intended to go to work, but the lemsip didn't hit and so I worked at home secure in the knowledge that I could look like Rudolph and blow my nose as hard as I liked without interfering with anyone else's day.

Today, I went to the office to find that 2 of my collegues were ill, one having gone home, the other braving it out and me having things to do to catch up and meet a deadline - great, head down and......ring ring. It was school telling me that Thomas had had an incident with the gym floor during PE resulting in a split lip, and a great issue of blood and was probably in shock. I rang all the grandparents on land line and mobiles to get one of them to collect him no avail. What DO they get up to when I need them??

So I had to drive back and pick him up, bring him home and 'keep an eye on him'. He was in a state, but after a couple of frubes, back on the mend. However, in my haste to leave work, I must have hurried in shutting down the laptop, as when I opened up my files - I kid you not- they were all empty!

So I spent today phoning people up asking about possible support for an event and getting loads of info in the process.
Tomorrow I am planning to get in early, as we have a large meeting in the afternoon,and I really must make some progress and get some product out of all the process. (Ohh, aliteration!)

'Be still and know that I am God' - I'm trying, I really am!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

What a week for lots of reasons.

Hope you're feeling better.

You can relax properly after Sunday x x

Anna said...

Hei Liz
Last week 1 of the kids had an astma attac in yp band and no inhaler, so i found myself kneeling in front of a panicking 11 year old saying stupid things like: Breath....breath...in and out... (I thought if I keep going like that shell give birth!) anyway, it didnt help her much but it all this breathing and talking about breathing really calmed me down (I was probably more panicking than her, but i found it quite scary when she started turning purple and everyone was like: Anna is looking after her, we better give them some space, we wait outside....WOT??!!!)So, what im saying: Breath!:-)