Monday 3 December 2007

You Are Here!


Today, I had a wonderful day planned, visiting a colleague who has revitalised the Children's Ministry in her Corps. I was looking forward to encouraging and being encouraged.
My Sat Nav has broken, so I had to rely on the tried and tested method of map reading and planned to download instructions from AA Route Master - like in the old days, only the page was out of order.
Not too worry, because I thought I knew where I was going anyway, I set off on my journey having spoken to Sarah on the phone, advising her that I might be a bit late as I probably would get a bit lost. She suggested meeting at the SA Hall, as she doesn't drive and her navigating skills are poor ( her admission) and I knew roughly where the Hall was. Or so I thought.
So I travelled up the road I was sure I had seen a sign to Ware , only to find that I had either imagined it, or the sign had been moved - conspiracy theories sprang into my head but as I travelled further up the road, it became clear that I was in fact on the wrong road.
Turning off into a farm I checked the map - DUR! - and sure enough I was million miles from Ware. However, a small A road not far from where I was, promised to drop me off in Ware and I so I began the tedious journey behind tractors and Late Sunday Drivers to Ware.
I arrived half an hour late, about 11ish and went into the hall to find a Weight Watchers Class in full swing - hmmm, another conspiracy me thinks, but no Sarah.
I phoned her at home, phoned her mobile - no answer - text her and waited. At about 11: 25 my mobile rang. It was Sarah.
'Where are you?', she asked. 'I'm at the Hall', I replied. 'Oh so am I she', she responded.....' at Harlow'
Here's the thing - all I had was her postcode to punch into the Sat Nav and the 1st line of her address, but no town. She attends the corps at Ware, but lives in Harlow!
Big mistake - HUGE!!
Not only can I loose keys - I can now actually loose myself too - ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz that sounds like something I would do. Actualy, scratch that. I probably wouldn't have even got that far. I would have rung my dad saying 'where am I?"

Dawn said...

Liz, you ARE joking?!

Keith said...

It's quite amazing, we have had 3 children for 9 years and not lost one of them yet.

For info, the RAC website also has route planner. There are most likely many others too.

Anna said...

Look Liz, you shoudlnt say that as if it was a bad thing....everybody is bad at somethings and good at others...and you are really good at loosing...be proud of it! Its better than being just average in everything you do :-D Do you think you might have time for Diet Coke in may 25 in 2009? xxx

Dawn said...

Can we stop talking about 'loosing' things and start talking about 'losing' things...I know some people can't be good at spelling either, but it's catching!

Liz said...

Ohh, it's like an appraisal and a spelling test all in one!

Anna has an excuse - she's Swiss!

Liz said...

Oh Oh see Anna's blog, it explains everything!!