Saturday 8 December 2007

Getting Festive.


Yes, it's happening, I can feel it and a number of things have conspired to ensure that the Christmas Spirit is now brave enough to lurk about around me.


1) Collecting while the YP Band were carolling on Wednesday. People were very receptive, singing along, kids were excited - in the band and in the houses - and the band played my fave carol, Hark The Herald Angels, and as it's number one in the Carol book I didn't have to wait long.

2) The Christmas Tree is now up at work in the foyer and the lovely smell that greats me each morning is very evocative.

3) On Friday, a beautiful Nativity scene was placed in pole position in the office. Very serene and peaceful.

4) Christmas Cards are arriving, reminding me that I really should write mine.

5) Thomas and Elyse are begging me to put up our tree, and normally we wait til after their birthday ( Monday) but I am considering it this afternoon after we've been to Tescos.

6) The prezzies are now consolidated - not wrapped, but at least all in the same very safe hiding place - still got some to get and waiting for others to arrive in the post though.


So yeah, the Hall's are getting decked for Christmas - wooohoooooo!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Liking your closing line! I bought the last bits today in the rain! Not a plesant I(sp?) experience. But today, we did see our Christmas wreath that we put on the front door on Mon eve for the first time in the light...what can I say? It looks better in the dark (joke Sarah!)

RichardB said...

You've opened up a whole new thought process for me. How many different meanings can there be for "Deck the Halls"?

Liz said...

Hah, yeah! You could deck the Halls with decking or deck the Halls by giving them a good thump...but you wouldn't want to would you?