Friday 20 July 2007

Vaaay - caaay - shun!!!

So, the School Holidays are upon us, or me rather, and at this moment in time, I feel the weight of them bearing down on me.


I really messed in my School Holiday Planning this year, writing in my diary that the Easter ones finished earlier that they actually did and that the Summer ones started later that they actually do. According to me, my kids don't break up 'til next Friday.


Anyway, Keith and I have done some amazing team work planning which means that our kids don't have to go and assist the roofers at school for the next week, which is good because it's probably against the law anyway and I really can't see what any learning outcomes might be...actually there's possibly loads to be honest but....nah!


I guess for any working mum that isn't a teacher and actually for working mums who are teachers (as they still have to work in the holidays) as the children run out of school full of plans for bike rides and swimming, all day long footy tournaments and picnics, our hearts sink as we (I) realise that I'm going to have to still say no sometimes, so what makes the holidays different to any other day?

Stop snivelling and pull yourself together - they'll survive!

Why?


I will over compensate, I guess, and give them some of the most fun filled, adventure packed moments they have ever shaken a stick at and do you know what?

Apart from getting a whole bunch of fulfilment from shaking a stick,they will still want to be in front of the tele in time for High School Musical 2 every time it is shown.

Mr Disney, I salute you!





http://tv.disney.go.com/disneychannel/originalmovies/highschoolmusical2/

Disney Channel from Friday 17th August!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

high school musical 2.... when and where?????????!

Jon said...

Dear Lizard,
I tried shaking a stick once, and found it to be an overated experience, I have been told from sources, that unfortunatley I can not name, that its the size of the stick that make it a much more enjoyable shaking experience.

Anyway enough of stick shaking.

Your going away soon are you not? Trunderling The Trailer Tent, thats TTTT to people in the know !!

Do you remember all our holidays, caravans, tents, wet tents, wet cravans and do you remember the feeling you had inside your body knowing that soon you would be in the back of the car travelling to some adventure planned by the great ones.

Just think about those happy carefree "hot summers" that we had and i am sure it will put a smile on your face. xxx

Joe said...

Wasn't it spinning round with a stick that broke your arm once, Jon?