Friday 27 July 2007

For Whom the Bells Toll!


Summer Holidays wouldn't be complete without ice cream vans plying their trade and on the whole, I'm partial to a Mr Whippy, but on my terms!

So when the jingly bells echo down our road at the most inconvenient time - just before tea time, during tea time or when I have no money to hand out, it stikes fear into my heart.

It's not really the Ice Cream Man's fault, it's just that saying 'Not Today' to the children isn't as easy as just saying no because alongside the - IT'S NOT FAIR...YOU PROMISED ( I NEVER promise, I know what I'm like!) my children have this uncanny nack of being able to recite every time when I have done them out of an ice cream.

This is despite the fact that we have some really yummy cartons of the stuff in the freezer which they can have whenever they like - within reason of course, unless thay have lain a MASSIVE guilt trip on me about some other neglectful misdemenour.

The thing is, I like to be able to choose when I buy ice cream , in the same way that I like to choose what company to buy my gas and electricity, home insurance, car insurance, Accident Protection Insurance from.

That's all folks!

3 comments:

Liz said...

PS - we were shopping this afternoon and Thomas asked for a smoothie from Zumo's when I had just bought them a drink from Woolies, so I said, 'NO, maybe next week when we are in the town again'. I heard Elyse tell Thomas to write down what I had said when we get home, so that when I deny all knowledge of saying it next week they can provide evidence that I DID. Does she have a future in the legal profession do you think or maybe a WPC?

Joe said...

Lol! I hope I'm not like that, am I?

Fiona said...

And, so, it, starts!!