Thursday 8 February 2007

Re: Reading.

So,' The Everlasting Man' is not going well, in fact I have read many things to avoid it, and naughtily, have not added them to my reading list! So for those who are bothered ( me):
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Part of my job entails leading services at other Corps coinciding with Celebrations of the Children's Ministry and the like, and the person who has invited me to do this during the Summer mentioned that the film comes out 'about that time', so wouldn't it be great if I themed the meetings. Initially I was a little taken aback at having a potential theme thrust upon me, but I thought I'd re- read it and see what I could find and in fact there's loads. I will of course refer to the Bible and will not be asking the congregation to turn to Harry Patter Chapter 98 page 1oo198.

  • Prayer - Philip Yancey

Just started this - it was given to me by a member of our church to borrow and I was really touched by the offer. So, this is going well, and I'm even jotting things down in a note book.

  • The Radio Times

Actually, I was wondering why we bother to get this mag,but it arrives as part of the 'service' from NTL, so we don't have choice, but in my opinion at the moment TV is generally RUBBISH.

I have found 3 things that I would actually bother to make time to watch.

  • Top Gear - just love it, always have, even before it became controvertial
  • Bonkers - new series, and I suppose it does help you get into something if you see the first episode. Jury still out though.
  • Desperate Housewives - a roller coaster episode last night and if I hadn't been really tired, would have gone straight over to E4 to watch next week's episode.

Anyway, back to reading - RT is not a bad read over a cup of coffee, when there's nothing to watch on tele or anyone to chat to.But why is it called The Radio Times? Yes, radio schedules are in it, but so are tv listings and they come first. Random thought.

AND finally, for now,the snow continues to fall, Joe is home as his school is closed, but Thomas and Elyse's school isn't.Can you possibly begin to imagine the protest as we ran the gauntlet of Joe and his friends while walking past the alleyway they had chosen to congregate in, to pelt innocent passers by with MASSIVE chunks of 'snow'? It seems that senior school teachers are not as diligent as junior school ones, so most of the senior schools in our area are shut today.( There probably IS a less petulant reason than that, but I don't know it, so I'll stick with that!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I take it all back, you did update your blog. Sorry for moaning at you! Let me know how you are getting on with the book, (prayer that is), I would be interested in your thoughts on it. (Though I did not keep a notebook!)

xxx

Liz said...

Having read in this week's RT the preview of tonight's Bonkers, I can safely say that I will not be watching - it all looks like it goes VERY downhill. However,hurrah as next week at the very same time on BBC1 we see the return of Hotel Babylon.