Saturday 18 November 2006

I am trying to work out why I am bothered about the fact that I have bought my first Christmas presents of 2006 this week. I mean don't get me wrong, I feel quite proud of myself, in that I have joined the ranks of the fairly organised, but I also know that there are people out there who have all their gifts bought, wrapped and labelled, and just waiting for the opportunity to place them under the tree, if they haven't already got it up!
There are two households in our road who have had their lights glowing brightly since the beginning of November - no further comment.

So why the sense of botheration and is it wrong to feel proud of being organised, when the reason for the season is to celebrate the birth of an amazing baby - in a stable?

Well, two of my children have their birthday in December and I feel I am selling out in having got some of their Christmas stuff before we've even given them their birthday gifts, but mainly - have I been sucked into the whole consumerist muck of this Season?

Keith and I work really hard and I really want this holiday time to be relaxed and special, and in the past I have had the luxury of swanning around the shops when the rest of the world is at work - so my intentions are all good, but I'm still bothered!

No comments: