Sunday 21 December 2008

Ok - it's NOT the Real Thing, but it makes me feel VERY festive!

Other things that give me that Christmas Glow are:

  • Hearing a Salvation Army Band play Hark the Herald Angels, but it HAS to be outside carolling!
  • Christmas Lights on my tree.
  • The last day of the school term, kids coming home in random paper hats and school bags full of cards from mates that they see every day, but sign the card with their surname too - funny!
  • The 'pop' that the Quality Street tin makes when you open it for the first time.
  • All five of us snuggled on a sofa for four watching a daft Christmas movie.
  • Hearing Thomas confess in a morning meeting that he doesn't ever think about what he wants for Christmas, but that he's just thankful for what he gets!
  • A 90 year old lady putting £2 in my collecting box and telling me that the Salvation Army looked after her when she was a little girl.
  • Seasonal Veg Soup (brussel sprouts!) with chestnuts, leek and bacon hand made by two of my lovely buddies.
  • Knowing that I can have a lie in tomorrow
  • Singing this, this morning, and getting emotional

Then let us all with one accord Sing praises to our heavenly Lord That hath made Heaven and earth of nought And with his blood mankind has bought. Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel Born is the King of Israel!

That's the REAL THING.

1 comment:

Judith said...

you must have overheard Nigel and I talking the other day when I said to him 'It's not Christmas until the coke advert appears on the TV'... lol