Monday 10 September 2007

Mirror, mirror....


So Graham and the band did the biz, the theatre was very nearly full, so God honoured the organisers prayers - thanks Fiona, Neil and Ian, have 10 years off to recover!


The finale was Shine Jesus Shine - GK called in the Shiny Song and said that he wouldn't get out of the theatre alive unless we sang it. I have to disagree there as I think we, as a church have overdone this song and so my inital reaction was- OH no - very similar to my reaction when 'I'll Go In The Strength Of The Lord' is announced as a final song. It's the tunes really.


The words however are a challenge and, looking deep, maybe that's why I dread these songs. and The Shiny Song gets me everytime...mirrored here may OUR lives tell YOUR story.


Sometimes I don't like what I 'see' in the mirror.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

We had the very same conversation at worship band last night....that doesn't mean we're going to be using it though!

Anna said...

Well well, you're right, you were the quicker one, Im old and thats why my friends call me Mrs. Anna
:-) Was lovely meeting you, I hope you've enjoyed it as much as we (me and Simone) did and come back soon!