Friday 29 June 2007

Thinking Conceptually

QUIZ SHOWER.

The contestant has to advise the quizmasters that she/he will be having a shower and then anticipate a number of questions that will be asked, at random, through the bathroom door while the contestant is actually having a shower.

1) Where is my ........?
If you can correctly grasp what....is and know where it is just off the top of your head, bonus points can be earned here!

2)Have you seen a pencil?
Bonis points for an answer that isn't dripping with sarcasm.

3)Can I use the loo?

4) Is my watch in there?

5) Mum, I still can't find my.......
More of a comment that a question, but still a test none the less.

6)How do you spell Rapunzel?

7) Bye I'm going, love you!
Again another comment, but the trick here is to discren that it isn't just another question and respond with ' LOVE YOU TOO' rather than ' OH WHAT IS IT NOW!!!'

8) Something Thomas says.
Even face to face in the morning is tough for Thomas.

9) Silence
The trick here is not to worry that something has gone wrong, and just carry on with the shower. If you get out at this point to find out what is happeneing, you've lost, because they'll all be fine!

10) Can I adopt a dophin?.


Another good game is: Get the contestant to sit in front of a mirror and begin drying their hair. The quizmasters rush in and jump around on the bed asking questions, which is a sneaky trick and you really have to focus here, so that later they absolutely CANNOT invoke ' YOU PROMISED!' against you.

An adaptation of this game is where the contestant has to work out what the quizmasters are saying by lip-reading backwards in the mirror.
Turning the hair dryer off at this point is a sign of weakness and leads to a bad hair day and then EVERYONE SUFFERS!!

Would this be funnier if it weren't true?

15 comments:

Andy said...

What the...?

Liz, have you been taking drugs? This is the most random post I think I've ever read!

Graeme said...

I'm guessing Mr Hill, that Liz is just recounting her start to the day!!

Now, if you could just work in a mechanism where the viewers at home have to take part in some kind of vote using premium rate text and phone lines, the tv companies will love it. Oh yes, and get Simon Cowell in there somewhere, with Graham Norton presenting - job done. Honestly, I'm wasted in pensions!!!

Dawn said...

Andy's comment is really from someone who hasn't a clue about the Hall Household!

It's one of my favoutire households for the very reason you blogged!

Having experienced this at 7.30 myself, one day I'm going to come earlier, just to see what happens!

After sport's day has been cancelled, you have truely out a smile on my face.

Andy said...

So this actually makes sense to you guys?

Blimey. Madness, I tells yer, madness. Maybe the speeding points are taking their toll... ;)

Graeme said...

Absolute perfect sense mate, in a "didn't make me bat an eyelid", "That's just the way it is" kind of way!

What actually made me smile was reading your original comment and thinking to myself "How can you not get that??!!" Guess that says more about us than you!!

Andy said...

Heh, you crazy Romforders...

Graeme said...

I think you might find it's Romfordian!!

Oh, and a title for Liz's Quiz (although that kind of works as well!) - Winner takes it Hall!!

Unknown said...

Ha ha! Liz, thats so funny! Oh and Andy, yeah, sorry, but it made total sense to me too. All I can do Liz is sympathise! And to remind you that soon, I am going to be living on my own, with my own bathroom, my own timescales, and only myself to interrupt me getting ready in the mornings!

Andy said...

I know it's Romfordian, that's why I called you 'Romforders'.

Graeme said...

Then plural would be Romfordians, would it not??!! Not that I'm going to get into a linguistic argument with the Language "geek", but........!!

Andy said...

Yeah, course it would, but I was being derogatory, hence Romforders and not Romfordians.

Works better when you say it, I guess. Blimey, it's soooo Friday afternoon...

Liz said...

Andy the DRUG is called life and by default it causes complete randomness when ever it can - take the dustbin posting as another example.

Yeah our mornings are enormous fun !!!

Re Linguistics, I actually prefer Romfordist!

Liz said...

,...oh and G, I LOVE the quiz title - and if we could also add a gunge tank and some inflatables I think this could be real go-er in a tea time slot. Would beat 50-50 hands down!

Dawn, you turn up when ever you like, the door is ALWAYS open !Kirsty, you can come too when it feels a bit quiet, we'll mess your head right up :)

Dawn said...

Hee hee!

Jon said...

Lizard, am i to understand that youv'e been nicked by the boys in blue? and you need to bring Andy up to speed! (sorry about the pun) anyway, up to speed about your household.!! ha ha.xxxxxxxxx